Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Children's Whimsy Portrait Painting

In 2006, I developed my whimsy portraits' paintings. In that year, both my father and brother were fighting cancer. I was miles away and while seeking comfort in my art, I painted countless portraits to send money to my family abroad. Families in my community wanted to help us so much that I created a campaign called "Color & Hope".  It was a special time in my life and the style to my portraits remained the same since then.  Whenever I get a new commission, I enjoy getting the photos of the children and learning about their interests and hobby choices. Painting a commission of such nature is like getting to know a family through the creative process. I have gotten to know many of the children portrayed in these paintings and I have seen them grow and become adults. It is a beautiful thing to stay connected to a community that is very supportive and special.
This commissioned was for Carrie,  Riley and Emmy and their beloved pets!


                                                                                 Sketch N.1

Sketch N.2

Final Artwork

                                                             Painting in their family home

I am lucky to have Carrie in my art program after school and get to know her better. She seems to be very proud of having one of my paintings in her home. Thank you Renee Plotkin and family for giving me the chance to portray your beautiful children and to bring color and joy to your home.
"The stories you believe to be true are the ones your life will become" with love, Jazmin
Visit my website at  Jazmin Sasky

No comments:

Post a Comment