Tuesday, March 1, 2016

When? Why? How I got so isolated?? My reasons to get out of my “studio” NOW! and this new idea I came up with to do so!

When I decided to devote myself to full time painting, I was definitely not aware that my days would be very solitary. Life as an artist is very exciting, don’t get me wrong, but most of the days are spent at the studio, painting for hours, days, weeks, months… eventually turning into years of isolation and loneliness. I find myself working for hours without talking to anyone until is time to pick up my children from school. Usually at 3:30pm is when I realize that another day went by without speaking a word for hours! No wonder, I have started to go nuts and to feel lonely. I enjoy my work a lot. Painting takes me to imaginary places where I feel happiness, sadness and all sorts of feelings. But I have started to miss the connection with people and realized how much I needed to bring this connection back to my life.

 At my studio. spending countless hours painting.

A few months ago, while thinking what I could do, I came up with the idea of hosting workshops and parties for women. I thought this idea could bring back what I have been missing so much, which is to interact, give and share with others.

I was thinking: what idea could be easy to execute?  What project could be friendly to people who are not so artsy? What idea could create some depth and meaning and get people to think and walk away with a feeling of empowerment? The idea that came to my mind was “Self- Affirmation’s Workshops”. This idea came from my own personal need of self- reassurance when life gets challenging.  I use affirmations a lot to help me when facing hard times. Sometimes these quotes just inspire me, sometimes they make me think my decisions, sometimes they just make me feel happy or empowered. I realized that these quotes not only help me, but they help many others. Especially I noticed how much people like to share inspiring quotes on Facebook.

Workshops for young adults & women
 
Workshops for children 10 & up
 
For the past weeks, I have been gathering inspiring self-affirmations quotes for these new workshops. Each affirmation I chose is a reminder to others of their awesomeness, their personal journey, reminders to keep a positive attitude in life and reminders to empower also their loved ones. I enjoyed the process a lot! Once I chose the quotes I believed would inspire others; I carefully designed each one to look like a “chalkboard message”.
10 Affirmations to remind you of your journey and dreams
10 Affirmations to remind your attitude and self value
10 Affirmations to reminders to your loved one
10 Affirmations to remind your awesomeness
Now there is over 40 quotes to choose from and to feel inspired!
Final piece mounted in an elegant frame.

In this workshop participants will work on 2 inspirational quotes. Painting on beautiful water color papers, participants will learn how to trace and use water color techniques while using only professional art supplies. The final piece is mounted in an elegant white wooden frame. The workshops invite participants to share with the group their finished product, with the goal to create a meaningful evening devoted to female empowerment and friendship.

I am very excited to start hosting these workshops because I can’t wait to get together with people again!
For information and booking:  info@jazminsasky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment