Friday, March 3, 2017

Mixed Media around the world- Israel


In this term, my students and I are “travelling” around the world and learning about artist I picked for inspiration. While visiting Israel, we ate fresh pita bread with hummus, pickles and olives while we learned about the work of Timor from Timo Handmade. Timor lives in Jaffa, Israel and she designs unique and customized fabric dolls.


The children got inspired by her and created their own “two sided” fabric dolls. On one side, the doll is awake and on the other side, the doll is asleep!
One of my students' Timo Handmade inspired doll.
When choosing the artists that will be introduced to the children, I try to imagine the impact and inspiration these artist will make in my students. The children develop endless possibilities and interpretations after they see unique artists’ artworks. I witness with pride and joy as my students’ artworks come to life!
Some of the dolls made by Mixed Media Art with artist Jazmin Sasky
This is the second blog post of the series “Around The World”.
"The stories you believe to be true are the ones your life will become"with love, Jazmin
Visit my website at  Jazmin Sasky

No comments:

Post a Comment